Sunday, April 27, 2008

Rough Theatre

The article on rough theatre made me thinks of a few different things that could be paralleled to the concept. The idea of taking an ordinary space and creating something artistic for a limited amount of time and then the space will most likely return to its normal state. Like this blog for instance, once I post it this blog will occupy a space for until I shut it down, but the new post page will remain unchanged. I know weird comparison. The article also reminded me of the 6x1 experience, we have created films in unconventional ways and in the spaces that were available at the time. I feel like this is especially true with the one-shot project.
The article also reminded me of a play I saw at a Renaissance Fair in California; the stage and setting were minimal and there were only two or three actors and they performed a play about Mephistopheles and Dr. Faust. It was great; the entire audience was completely enthralled. They performed three times a day and each time I walked by the audience seemed captivated by the play. I have seen other plays in theatres but this one has always been my favorite.

No comments: