Thursday, March 6, 2008

Stop-motion Animation

This was my first experience with creating stop-motion animation and it was really great. I like how we are just thrown into to creating the projects, regardless of our experience. There is no time to think about whether or not you know exactly what you are doing. You just go and do it and learn from it. I like to work that way and I think I learn more doing things that way. With this project I realized how time consuming and tedious it is to create stop-motion animation pieces. But the time seemed to really pass quickly and it was a lot of fun to work on. Bubba and Clay are the best to work with. They brought in a lot of good props and are both very creative. All the things we brought in really worked together well, even though we didn’t really have a plan to start with. We had our main character, Jabba the Hut attacked first by lizards (or maybe dinosaurs) and then by a skeleton cat. We used red pipe cleaner for laser beams and mint candies as bombs. We had quite a lot of different items between us and we really tried to use them all in our piece. I especially liked the deck of cards we used to simulate a body of water. I can’t wait to see how it worked out and I hope it is good.
As we were cleaning up our area, I was able to kind of look around at what a couple of other groups were doing. One group was using raw hamburger meat so I really want to see what they were up to. Another group seemed to be using just Play-doh, which is really impressive to me, because I can never get that stuff to look like anything. I am looking forward to watching the results.

No comments: